For my YearAbroad starting July 2013.



July 2013 : Paris

September 2013 - March 2014 : Ferrara, Italy

March 2014 - September 2014 : Modena, Italy

29/07/2013

Diners in Paris.

You may think it criminal, but over the three weeks I spent in Paris I went to not one, but three diners. I didn't feel too bad seeing as I am not American and so don't get this kind of food/decor at home in Somerset. Well, that's what I kept telling myself.

I have high expectations from diners as I always expect them to feel like this scene in Grease, and am disappointed if they don't.











The first one was Coffee Parisien. There are two of these diners in Paris, one in the 6th and one in the 16th. (I went to the one in the 6th) These diners don't really feel typical 'dinery' as in the decor is pretty sombre, so not much over the top America 50's memorabilia. Having said that the burgers are scrummy.

We then ventured to Breakfast in America (the original one, south of the river) and here, the pancakes are bigger therefore getting more for your money. The staff were really friendly and the place had a really good vibe, with cool wall art and personal touches from previous visitors. This was our addition which got a post on their instagram:







 Coke Float >>>














Finally, we went to a Happy Days Diner. There is a total of 5 in Paris, and we went to the new one on Rivoli. Now this was 50's America, Grease style. With all the garish colours, retro posters and juke boxes that you would expect. YAY.

And the food was great with loads of choice. It also seemed to be a little cheaper than the others. Yet again the staff were really friendly, even offering my friend a job!
All these pictures are making me hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment