For my YearAbroad starting July 2013.



July 2013 : Paris

September 2013 - March 2014 : Ferrara, Italy

March 2014 - September 2014 : Modena, Italy

29/10/2013

Broccoli and Leek Omelette.

I have decided to start writing down and sharing some of the things I cook here in Italy. I am trying to eat a low gluten diet. In Italy. (Yes I do know how crazy that sounds)... Obviously there will be cheat days/moments but I'm only human and obviously find it impossible to resist the fresh smell of a melted cheese smothered pizza... mmmm


So first one on the list is this great quick, YUMMY omelette recipe:

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1/2 leek
A handful of broccoli florets
30g (a handful) of Feta
2 slices of ham roughly torn into pieces
Salt and Pepper
Pinch of parmesan

-Fry the leek and broccoli in a pan in olive oil over a medium heat until golden and tender.
-In a separate bowl whisk eggs with salt, pepper and Parmesan to season.
-Add feta to the broccoli and leeks in the frying pan.
-Immediately pour the egg mixture over the feta/broccoli/leeks
-Add ham pieces to pan
-Wait 3 mins then fold in half in pan.
-Wait further 3 mins
-Serve.

Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment